Watching roses blossom into the beautiful pretty things that we love to decorate our houses with and just smell, we often forget how it can be an amazing ingredient in our skin care routine! No, it isn’t a new discovery; in fact, one of the most beautiful queen’s in the world knew about the benefits of rose water for skin even in those ancient times. Cleopatra is said to have used it as a magic potion to enhance her beauty, which is still talked about till this date.
But Why Exactly Is Rose Water Good For Your Skin?
It helps hydrate, revitalize by giving the skin with a refreshed look. Rose water helps to soothe skin, tone and making you feel relaxed. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidants help the skin in a many ways.
- Can it be used if you have dry, oily or combination skin?
- What makes it beauty secret women all over the world swear by?
- We have all the answers and more with 8 rose water tips for skin along with how to use rosewater for skin
BENEFITS OF USING ROSE WATER
Rose water is an incredibly versatile solution to all your skin problems with its anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants that help moisturize, tone and give your skin the healthy glow that you’ve always dreamed of. Use rose water for skin remedies alone or with other ingredients to suit different skin types and take full advantage of one of the best skin ingredients in the world!
1. Tones Your Skin
While the ideal skin care routine for healthy skin requires cleansing, toning and moisturizing, most of us skip the toning part completely. Reasons for doing so can range from toners being extremely expensive these days to the more common- not realizing that toning is crucial for great skin.
Toning helps in removing oil and residual dirt from your skin while simultaneously preparing it for hydration. Using rose water for skin toning helps your skin maintain its pH balance. Not only does it prepare your skin for a treatment that is to follow but also reduces the formation of excess oil.
2. Quenches Your Thirsty Skin
A common misconception about toners is that they dry out your skin and while that may be true for the chemical filled ones that you find in stores, natural ingredients like rose water do the opposite! One of the main benefits of rose water is that it settles into your pores and freshens up your skin with a healthy dose of hydration.
Using rose water for skin can help improve the texture of your skin and hydrate your skin even when you’re on the go. Hydrated skin helps make up stay for a longer time without compromising on its suppleness.
3. Helps You Say Goodbye To Acne And Its Scars
Using rose water for skin helps curb acne by removing excess oiliness from your face. It’s anti-inflammatory properties help in naturally discouraging the growth of bacteria that may cause acne and breakouts. Regular use of rose water for face also helps prevent future breakouts (especially during that time of the month for women) and fades away leftover scars. For those with sensitive skin, it helps soothe irritation and redness without any of the side effects that come with OTC acne ointments.
4. Keeps You Looking Younger And More Beautiful
Exposure to the harmful rays of the sun combined with using harsh products with unpronounceable chemicals, pollution and an unhealthy lifestyle with bad food choices can all contribute to skin aging. Sunburnt skin with free radicals and wrinkles are a part and parcel of life these days. Using rose water for skin is great because of its high antioxidant content and anti-aging properties that keep your skin looking healthy and young.
5. Eliminate The Dark Circles Around The Skin
If you have dark circles under the eyes, you can use rose water to cope up with it. All you have to do it is dip the cotton in the rose water and rub it on the eyes in the area where it looks tired. This will reduce the puffiness under the eyes and redness.
6. Maintains Natural Balance Of Your Skin
The natural pH of your skin should ideally be 5.5 and this balance is often ruined with the excessive use of facial cleansers, soaps and other products that are actually harming your skin. This leads to the growth of bacteria, changes in the texture of skin and destroys the overall quality of your skin. Using rose water for skin with its 5.5 pH level leaves your skin with a bright, natural glow.
7. Effective Treatment For Skin Diseases
Rosewater has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce the redness irritated skin, dermatitis, eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing the dirt accumulated in clogged pores.
8. Dry Skin Can Be Treated
Rosewater is a great remedy for the hydrating dry skin. You can also use rose water for skin as a toner after cleansing the face thoroughly. This will help to remove all the skin purities.
Now, that we’ve covered the rose water benefits
Let’s Find Out The Ways You Can Use Rose Water For Skin:
1. To Reduce Under-Eye Puffiness
Allergies, lack of sleep and stress leads to accumulation of fluids under the eye area which leads to swelling or puffiness under the eyes. One of the best rose water uses is using it to de-puff your eyes. Use rose water for skin under the eye to return moisture to it. The anti-inflammatory property of this elixir revitalizes and hydrates even the most sensitive skin.
You Will Need:
• Chilled rose water
• Cotton pads
• Place the bottle of rose water in the fridge for a while.
• Saturate the cotton pad with the rose water
• Gently place it on your eyelids as long as you want.
2. To Get Glowing Fair Skin
Pollution and staying out in the sun can make your skin dark, dull and lifeless. Use rose water for fairness by making an amazing face pack with Fuller’s earth (Multani Mitti). Using rose water for skin will control excessive oiliness, even out your skin tone and make your skin fairer by removing all the marks and spots from it.
You Will Need:
• Fuller’s earth / Multani Mitti
• Combine equal parts of fuller’s earth and rose water in a bowl.
• Combine the ingredients till you get a smooth consistency.
• Apply the face mask to clean skin.
• Wash off after 15 to 20 mins with cold water.
3. Cleanse Your Face Away
Cleansing is a crucial step in your skincare routine and hence do not trust chemically filled face washes to do that job for you. Using rose water for face cleansing is a great idea as it settles into your pores and removes any bacteria or acne-causing germs, keeping your skin smelling amazing and beautiful. If you have light makeup, using rose water for skin can help remove makeup as well and deeply nourish your skin.
You Will Need:
• Lemon juice
• Cotton Pads
• Combine one tablespoon of rose water with a few drops of lemon juice in a bottle.
• Apply this mixture to your face and then wipe it off with the cotton pads.
4. Scrub Your Way Into Beautiful Skin
It may seem impossible to replicate those gorgeous smelling body scrubs that you get in fancy stores that make you feel like you’re in a spa. Rosewater comes to the rescue again along with 2 more natural ingredients. Rose water helps soothe irritated skin while coffee grinds help scrubbing off dead skin cells and honey helps nourish and moisturize the skin. An added bonus of using rose water for skin scrubs is its gorgeous smell!
You Will Need:
• 1 teaspoon of rose water
• 1/4th cup of coffee grinds
• 2 tablespoons of honey
• Combine the ingredients in a small jar.
• While in the shower, wet your body before applying the coffee scrub onto the skin.
• Scrub gently and then wash off.
5. Shoo Away The Suntan
Does summer leave you with sunburnt and damaged skin? Our beauty tips with rose water would be incomplete without a suntan remover! Using rose water for skin that’s sunburnt also helps soothe the burning sensation.
The combination of tomato juice and rose water remove the dead skin cells and even out the tone, leaving you with glowing, tan-less skin.
You will Need:
• Tomato juice
• Mix in equal parts of rose water and tomato juice in a bowl.
• Apply it to the tanned area and wash it off after 20 mins.
6. Rose Water For Dark Lips
Mix one drop of rose water and few drops of honey and apply to your lips daily for two to three times and you will see great results.
7. Rose Water As A Moisturizer
For moisturizing, the skin use rose water, almond oil, and glycerine.
So, let us see how to prepare the solution
You will Need:
• One spray bottle
• Almond oil
• Take a spray bottle first and fill half of it with rose water
• And 3/4th of it with almond oil
• And 1/4th with glycerine and make a solution
Method Of Use:
• Spray the solution in the bottle to the skin and for best results apply after you come from the shower as it will be a soothing experience.
8. Cucumber And Rose Refreshing Mask:
Cucumber and rose water for face pack is very easy to make, all we need is half a cucumber and rose water.
Take a half cucumber and puree it. To the puree add few drops of rose water and make a paste. After making the paste, apply to the skin for 15 minutes and then wash with cold water.
9. Aloe Vera And Rose Water For De-Tanning
For preparing this rose water for skin and the solution is easy to make all you need is:
You will Need:
• 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera Gel
• 1 tbsp of rose water
Method of preparing:
• Combine the ingredients and make a smooth paste and apply on the skin and wash with cold water
10. Glycerine And Rose Water For Skin
Rose Water For Toner:
You can mix rose water with glycerine and make a solution and apply to the skin.
So, let us see how to prepare a solution:
• Rose water 1 and a half cup
• Glycerine 1/4th cup
Method Of Preparing:
• Mix the rose water and glycerine together and store in a bottle.
Method Of Use:
• Wash your face with water and pat dry the face. Then apply the solution which has been prepared directly into the skin.
• For best results apply at the night.
As you’ve seen, rose water is one of the best natural ingredients that you can blindly use for your skin care. Not only is it super affordable but also easily available. Use rose water for skin treatments and watch your skin transform!